Collection of Personal Information
Related collects Personal Information when you fill out an online form that is submitted to Related via the Website, including, but not limited to, those forms requesting information about Related or any of its properties, or requests for someone at Related to contact you. The submission forms require you to provide contact information (such as name and e-mail address), and in some cases ask for other optional information (such as phone number, home address, ZIP code, and contact preferences).
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Related may use the Personal Information to send you information about its company, The Shops at Columbus Circle as well as Related’s properties, as well as to contact you when necessary. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings or e-mails in accordance with the “Opt-Out” section below.
• Agents. Related employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on its behalf (e.g., creating and maintaining the Websites, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service) (“Agents”). Related’s Agents will have access to personally identifiable information solely to perform their functions and provide their services to Related, and for no other purpose.
• Business Transfers. As Related continues to develop its business, Related may sell or buy assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Thus, if Related or a subsidiary Related controls, sells substantially all of its assets, or is acquired by another entity, a customer’s Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets, and you agree that you consent to such transfer.
Availability Outside the U.S.
Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been uploaded, posted, or copied to the Website and is accessible on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify and provide the following information, in writing, to Related’s agent, designated as such pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2), named below:
• Your address, telephone number, and email address;
• A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
• A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
• A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
• An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The Related Companies, L.P.
60 Columbus Circle
New York, New York 10023
Attn: Michael Orbison, Esq. (Fax: (212) 801-3781)
Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information
“Non-Personal Information” means information that contains nothing that could identify you personally. Related may collect such Non-Personal Information, such as demographic and profile data, through the Website. Related may aggregate Non-Personal Information and share it with its affiliated companies and other third parties.
Related uses physical, logical, and procedural security measures to protect the information you provide to Related. However, while Related uses commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information you provide to Related from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, you accept that no Internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients.
Accuracy and Retention
You are entitled to request access to and correction of all Personal Information you provide to Related, or to remove your name from Related’s contact list at any time by contacting Related at the email address in the Contacting Related section below.
In order to opt-out of future e-mails on a given topic, you should click on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link the bottom of the email and follow the applicable process in your web browser. In order to opt-out of future text messages sent to your mobile phone, you should reply to a previously received text message in accordance with the opt-out process described at the end of such text message (e.g., replying with the word “STOP”). These processes will halt future communications for those specific functions. Related will process your applicable opt-out request promptly, but it may take up to two weeks for the request to be processed through its systems and you may receive communications from Related during that period. To re-subscribe, you may return to the relevant page on the Website and resubmit the request form.
Related uses your Internet protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with its server, as well as to administer the Website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information. Related may use your IP address to help protect itself and its partners from fraud. For system administration purposes, Related also logs IP server addresses and catalogues traffic patterns through the Website. However, Related does not link this information to users’ Personal Information.
Related’s Practices Regarding Web Beacons
Webpages and HTML emails may contain a small snippet of code called a web beacon. In their simplest form, web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. Websites may use web beacons and cookies for many purposes, including site usage analytics, advertising auditing and reporting, and content and advertising personalization.
The Website may contain links to other web sites that are operated or owned by third parties. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are navigating to another web site. Related encourages you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from Related’s. Related is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party web sites, and you use them at your own risk.
Modification And Notification Of Changes
Related is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. Related will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without prior verifiable parental consent. The Websites is a general audience website and is not targeted to or intended for use by children. Please do not submit any personal information or details if you are under the age of thirteen (13).
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Related who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to CaliforniaPrivacy@related.com. Please note that Related is only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and Related is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.